The NCETP, since its inception in 1999, has been instrumental in achieving the following:
- Providing a co-operative and innovative marketing program for the National Capital Attractions that focuses on the schools market.
- Increasing the opportunity for school students to expand their knowledge in relation to Civics and Citizenship and to develop pride in their National Capital.
- Increasing the number of students that visit the National Capital by 11%, 2000 - 2004
- Increasing their length of stay from 2.4 days to 3 days, 2000 - 2005
- Increasing the economic impact of the schools market annually to the ACT and Regional economies to over $40 million annually
- Producing the National Capital School Excursion Planner and CD Rom 2004, 2005 and 2006 and increasing participation from the industry.
- Assisting with the development of an educational focus of the National Capital Attractions and successfully lobbied to halt the reduction or potential cessation of National Capital Attractions education programs.
- Lobbying and securing funds for the Education Travel Rebate from the Australian Government which has assisted over 30,000 students annually since 2001.
- Winning the Tourism Product Marketing category at the Canberra and Capital Region Tourism Awards 2001/2002, 2002/2003, 2003/2004, 2004/2005.
- Winning the Tourism Product Marketing category at the Australian Tourism Awards 2003/2004, 20042005.
- Successfully attracting a Regional Tourism Program grant for 2003/2004 and an Australian Tourism Development Program grant for 2006/2007 marketing activities